Antimicrobial agents for systemic use. Other beta-lactam antibacterials. Third-generation cephalosporins. Ceftriaxone.
Ceftriaxone is used for treatment of the following infections in adults and children, including full-term newborns (from birth):
– bacterial meningitis;
– community-acquired pneumonia;
– nosocomial pneumonia;
– acute otitis media;
– intraperitoneal infections;
– complicated urinary tract infections (including pyelonephritis);
– bones and joints infections;
– complicated skin and soft tissue infections;
– bacterial endocarditis;
The drug may be used for:
– treatment of acute complication of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in adults;
– disseminated treatment of Lyme borreliosis (early (II stage) and late (III stage) stages)) in adults and children, including newborns from 15 days of age;
– postoperative infection prophylaxis in the place of surgical intervention;
– management of patients with neutropenia, if fever with suspected bacterial infection appears;
– treatment of patients with bacterimia associated with any of the above mentioned infections or if any of the above mentioned infections are suspected.
Hypersensitivity to Ceftriaxone or any other Cefalosporin. Previous history of severe hypersensitivity reactions (such as anaphylactic reactions) to any type of betalactam antibacterial agents (penicillins, monobactams, or cephalosporins).
Ceftriaxone is contraindicated:
In premature newborns aged ≤ 41 weeks with consideration of fetal growth (gestational age + age after birth);
– in full-term newborns (aged ≤ 28 days):
– with hyperbilirubinemia, jaundice, hypoalbuminemia or acidosis as at such states the bilirubin binding is probably broken;
– who require (or expected to require) intravenous injection of calcium preparations or calcium containing infusions as the risk of formation of precipitates of calcium salt of Ceftriaxon exists.
Crystalline powder of almost white or yellow color.
Keep out of reach of children.
Do not require special storage conditions.